Fierce is our new dance class where you can let it go to tribal house beats. Let your alter ego come out and play in an hour of high-energy dance moves.
The force behind Fierce
Created by dance instructor Teva Scarborough and set to awesome tribal house beats by DJ Dino Moran, Fierce is your chance to experience the freedom of just being in your body and moving to the beat.
What inspired the new class? ‘When I put a few tribal-inspired movements into my dance classes at Virgin Active, people really responded,’ says Teva. ‘Tribal dance also lets you tap into your warrior energy and experience your power as a woman.’
Loads of benefits, naturally
So what can you expect? In Fierce you’ll…
- Get an overall body workout
- Get a cardio vascular workout
- Do natural movements like swinging, stamping, kicking, jumping and twisting
- Build strength and endurance
- Tone the workout up or down to suit your level
- Feel uplifted by high-energy tribal house beats from DJ Dino Moran
- Enjoy a natural high and working out as a group.
Find your rhythm
The music is a big part of the class and it lets you go into a space where you can just be you and stop worrying about what you think you should look like. ‘A lot of people believe they can’t dance because they never danced as a child or are too old or too fat,’ says Teva. ‘But if you look in tribal cultures they all dance – young, old, fat, thin, short or tall. It’s just about you having fun with your body in the moment in the music. Anybody can do it.’
Fierce is in clubs now, check out the timetables.